- Invited webinar for ASCILITE. Title: “The role of data in the provision of feedback at scale”, Australia, 22 April, 2017 (Slides, Video)
- Invited webinar for the Spanish Network of Learning Analytics (SNOLA). Title: “Can data help me learn?”, Spain, 23 February, 2017
- Presentation at the Australian Curriculum Studies Association Symposium. Title: “Exploring hands-on multidisciplinary STEM with Arduino Esplora”. Sydney, 14 October 2016.
- Invited presentation at Blended Learning Summit 2016. Title: “Supporting Active Learning Strategies with Real Time Feedback to Promote Student Engagement”. Sydney, October 2016.
- Guest speaker at the 6th Education and Research Technology Forum of the Association of Pacific Rim Universities. Title: “The role of data in the provision of feedback at scale”, Singapore, 17-18 November 2016.
- Keynote at the Australian Learning Analytics Summer Institute. Adelaide, 27 November 2016
- Keynote at the Australian Association for Institution Research SIG Forum. Title: “The role of institutional data in Learning Analytics”. Adelaide, June 2016
- Invited presentation at The University of Edinburgh, UK. Title: “Designing flipped learning experiences”. Edinburgh, 27 April, 2016 (Video)”
- Invited presentation at the Research Seminar, Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Title: “Feedback at scale with a little help from my algorithms”. Barcelona, Spain, 5 May 2016.
- Invited presentation at The University of South Australia Digital Learning Week. Title: “Using technology to provide feedback on learning strategies” (Link to the video recording). Adelaide, March 2016
- Presentation at the Faculty of Engineering and IT Outstanding Teaching Awards, The University of Sydney. Title: “Student Centred Active Learning in First Year Engineering”. Sydney, November 2015.
- Seminar “Using Data to Support Active Learning Experiences”. Queensland University of Technology (QUT), 20 November 2015.
- Invited talk “Learning Analytics to Leverate Data on Student Engagement and Effectiveness of Course Design”. Blended Learnign Conference. Sydney, 26 October 2015
- ASCILITE Webinar “Designing Flipped Classrooms” (Recording of the session). ASCILITE, 16 September 2015.
- Invited presentation at the UNSW Learning Analytics & Data Science in Education Research Group. Title: “Videos in the curriculum – What does the research tell us?”. Sydney, September 2015.
- Invited presentation “Using Learning Analytics for Student Success”. Charles Sturt University, 23 September 2015.
- Invited presentation at the 3rd Digital Education Show Asia. Title: “Will Learning Analytics Transform Higher Education?” Kuala Lumpur, June 2015.
- Invited presentation at the Faculty of Engineering and IT, UTS. Title: “Technology for active and personalised education”. Sydney, April 2015.
- Invited to participate in the panel discussion titled “Leveraging data for strategic advantage”, EduTECH 2015, Brisbane, June 2015.
- Guest speaker at the IARU EdTech Horizons Workshop on Technology Enabled Education. Title: “Analytics for decision making in Learning Environments”. National University of Singapore, November 2014.
- Invited presentation at the 1st International Forum on Big Data Analysis for Learning Improvements. Title: “The use of Data and Analytics to Guide the Improvement of Learning Experiences”. Seoul National University, November 2014.
- Together with Dr Negin Mirriahi facilitated the workshop Flipped Classroom - Where to Start at the University of Adelaide. November 2014.
- Invited presentation. UNSW Learning and Teaching Forum. Title: “Using Learning Analytics to Personalize a Learning Experience”. The University of New South Wales. October 2014.
- Gest speaker at the Learning Innovation and Networked Knowledge Lab. Title: “Connecting Pedagogical Intent with Analytics in a Flipped Classroom”. University of Texas at Arlington. October 2014.
- Together with Dr Negin Mirriahi facilitated the workshop Flipped Classroom - Where to Start at the University of New South Wales. August 2014.
- Invited presentation. Title: “Analítica del aprendizaje en entornos online”. Universidad Internacional de La Rioja, Spain. July 2014.
- Invited presentation. 2nd UNESCO Seminar “Educación Digital Escalable para Todos”. Title: “Analítica del aprendizaje para el escalado de la participación de los estudiantes”. University Carlos III of Madrid, Spain. July 2014.
- Invited talk at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain. Title: “Using Learning Analytics to deploy a Flipped Classroom”. July 2014.
- Workshop facilitated together with A/Prof Carl Reidsema at the Institutional Strategies for Blended Learning. Title: “How to design a scalable flipped classroom”, Sydney, March 2014.
- Invited workshop. How to deploy a Flipped Classroom. University of South Australia. February 2014.
- Invited Lecture. Learning and Behavioral Analytics. From concept to reality, Taylor University, Malaysia. January, 2014.
- Keynote presentation at the International Conference on Learning Analytics and Knowledge. (2013). Bridging the Middle Space with Learning Analytics. Leuven, Belgium.
- Invited lecture at the Massive Online Open Course on Learning Analytics and Knowledge. Practical privacy issues around Learning Analytics.
- Invited talk at CUBEnet and the future of Biomedical Education. How to use e-analytics when big is not so big.
- ASCILITE Webinar series. (2013). Using technology to support the flipped classroom.
- Blended Learnign Conference. Using Learning Analytics to help flip the classroom.
- Seminar on the Future of MOOCs and Digital Libraries. Pushing the MOOC envelope with Learning Analytics. Fukuoka, Japan.
- Seminar The Sciences and Technologies of Learning. University of Technology Sydney, Australia. Using Learning Analytics to Help Flip the Classroom.
- Sydney Teaching Colloquium. Learning Analytics Data-based decision making in learning environments.
- University Analytics Forum. Ethics and Privacy in Learning Analytics.
- EMadrid Excellence Network. Let me see... Analytics in learning environments. Madrid, Spain.
- Workshop on Learning Analytics and Linked Data. Extending Course Level Learning Analytics with Linked Data. Vancouver, Canada.
- Invited lecture at the Joint European Summer School on Technology Enhanced Learning. Let me intervene. Influencing a learning environment through analytics. Estoril, Portugal.
- Invited lecture at the Master in Information and Communication Technology. University of Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain. What if we could observe all events in a learning environment?
- National ICT Australia (NICTA). Sydney, Australia. Behavioral analytics. Observe, process, and act.
- SoLAR Southern Flare. Flip with Care. Sydney Australia.